- think-cell for Professional Presentations
- FactSet for Real-Time Financial Data
- Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
Create professional looking presentations for your classes fast using think-cell
Do you use PowerPoint to present in your classes? If so, think-cell – used by most consulting firms - might save you a significant amount of working time and enable you to create professional looking presentations for your coursework. Knowing think-cell could be a valuable skill as you enter the workplace since many employers, including top consulting firms and investment banks, use the software.
think-cell is free to Auburn University students, faculty, and staff. It takes just minutes to learn watching the short video tutorials available for each chart type. See below for helpful training resources and instructions on how to download think-cell.
Why should you consider using think-cell?
- Creating your charts takes 70% less time
Create 40+ chart types, including waterfall, Gantt, and Mekko charts in just 2-3 minutes
- 90% less time when making alterations
Automate changes to your charts with think-cell
- Gain professional skills
Become proficient with the charting software used by top consulting and investment firms
- Better results
Improve your class presentations and impress your audience
How to download and install think-cell
Eligibility & Cost
think-cell is available at no cost to current Auburn students, but is restricted to academic, non-commercial purposes only. Students who are no longer enrolled at the university or intend to use the software for non-educational or commercial purposes will need to obtain a separate license agreement.
think-cell is available for both PC and Mac. Visit think-cell support for up-to-date requirements.
For tailored think-cell support and self-service resources such as tutorial videos and a searchable user manual, visit https://www.think-cell.com/support.
FactSet provides access to real time financial data and analysis tools. This software is available online for all Harbert College of Business students.
- Access to this software requires prior registration that may take up to 3 days to process. When registering use your Auburn provided GID@auburn.edu for the email address (aliases will not work.) When your account is ready, FactSet will send you an e-mail telling you to set a password. Disregard these instructions; you don’t need to set a password because FactSet will use Auburn’s authentication system to log you in. To login after you receive the e-mail, click either “FactSet Web” or FactSet Launch” below and use your AU username and password.
- FactSet Web allows you to access FactSet directly from a browser. The layout will be different from the FactSet application, but you’ll have all the same features. This is the preferred version to use.
- Factset Launch provides access to download the Factset Workstation software or run the software from a virtual machine. Note that running the software in a virtual machine requires that you first download the Citrix Receiver client, which the Launch page will provide a link for.
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (Formerly Microsoft Imagine) allows authorized students to download Microsoft products and tools at no cost. (License limitations may apply)
- Eligibility: Students currently taking an Information Systems Management (ISMN) or Business Analytics (BUAL)
Support & Resources
- IT Support
- Web Support
- Data Resources
- Office of Professional & Career Development (OPCD) Resources
- Harbert Intranet