According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of accountants and auditors will grow by 13 percent from now and until the year 2022. The accounting profession is growing faster than other occupations and the future is bright for accounting students. Students who successfully pass the CPA Exam will have an increase in job prospects.
However, many states* require a specific amount of accounting coursework to be eligible to sit for the Uniform CPA Examination in addition to holding a bachelor's degree. The Undergraduate Certificate in Accountancy (UCA) is designed for those students who already hold a degree and need the additional coursework necessary to sit for the CPA Exam. The Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting is 24 semester hours (8 courses) that covers information tested on the CPA Exam.
*The exact number of accounting and business hours required varies state to state. Visit NASBA for more information on each specific state.
Not sure which Auburn Accounting Online program is right for you, use the Program Selector to find the best match.
Online Accounting Program
Auburn's on-campus accounting classes are recorded, and distance learning students view their lectures via streaming video either live or at a time convenient to their work schedules. Therefore, online students follow the same academic calendar and receive the same instruction and degree as their on-campus counterparts. The online program is identical to the on-campus option regarding rigor, standards, and student accountability. The only difference is that online students are not physically on-campus.
Requirements for Admission
Admission to the online Undergraduate Certificate in Accountancy program in accounting is limited to second degree seeking candidates only who meet the following criteria:
- Four-year regionally accredited (SACS, NCACS, NEACS, etc.) degree from an U.S. institution
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder (Permanent Resident) and have either a USA or APO address in a SARA authorized state.
- Must meet the business foundation prerequisites outlined on the Online Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting Program Prerequisite Checklist.
Prospective students who do not hold business degrees are not eligible to apply until they complete the business foundation prerequisites. Currently, these courses are not offered online at Auburn.
Students who are working full-time may take six semester hours per semester and complete
the program in four semesters. Students who are not working may complete the program
The admissions process and advising is administered by Auburn Accounting Online in the School of Accountancy. Completed applications will be considered on a competitive basis by the Committee on Undergraduate Study in Accountancy. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The accounting programs at Auburn University are accredited by The Association to
Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the “gold standard”
of business and accounting education.
Reasons to Choose Auburn Accounting Online
- Master of Accountancy graduates average an 85% or better pass rate on all four sections of the CPA exam – far above the national average.
- Offered online since 2000, the programs offered by Auburn Accounting Online are accredited by The Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB International)
- The business school has smart classrooms where on campus classes are recorded and streamed online to distance students for live viewing or to be viewed later – thus distance students get the same material as on-campus students, with online discussion boards supplementing in class discussion and facilitating interaction among peers and professors but with the flexibility needed for a working professional.
Online Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Another option for prospective students holding AACSB accredited business degrees it to pursue an undergraduate degree in accounting through the online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting program. Eligible candidates for the online BSBA in Accountancy must have the following credentials:
- Four-year AACSB-accredited bachelor's degree in business or an AACSB-accredited MBA
- USA or APO address only