Applications for the Master of Accountancy program are considered on a competitive
basis. Minimum GPA requirements are not advertised, because the Admissions Committee
uses a holistic approach when reviewing a candidate's application package. The Committee
considers the quality of the candidate's academic background, grade point averages,
GMAT scores, campus involvement, and work experience.
The School of Accountancy has full authority over the admissions and matriculation processes for all applicants to the program. Dual enrollment in an Auburn campus program and an Auburn online accounting program is not permitted.
Current and Former Graduate Certificate in Accountancy Students
If you are a current or former GCA students, please visit the GCA Matriculation to MAcc for instructions on applying to the MAcc.
- Submit your online Graduate School Application. To be eligible to apply, candidates must have either a USA or APO address in a
SARA authorized state. In addition, an applicant must have completed a four year undergraduate degree
from an accredited U.S. institution and the business and accounting foundation prerequisites. The following materials should be uploaded with your application:
- Statement of Purpose
- Names and contact information for three references. References should be current or former employers, clients if you are self-employed, or professors.
- Unofficial transcripts from every institution attended. (Official transcripts will
be required for students accepted into the program.)
- The GMAT exam is required. However, you may be eligible for a GMAT waiver if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate accounting degree from an AACSB accredited accounting program with a minimum 3.25 upper-level (3000 level or higher) accounting GPA.
- Undergraduate accounting degree from an AACSB accredited business school with a minimum 3.50 upper-level (3000 level or higher) accounting GPA.
- Completion of online Auburn Accounting Bridge or Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting program with a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- Completion of online Auburn Graduate Certificate in Accounting program with a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- JD, MD, PhD from a U.S. accredited institution.
- Advanced degree in business from an AACSB accredited business school.
- Successful completion of CPA exam.
- Significant executive level experience (five years plus).
Meeting one of the above criteria does not guarantee a waiver or admission to the Master of Accountancy program.
To request the GMAT waiver, please download and complete the GMAT Waiver Request Form.
The online Graduate Certificate in Accountancy (GCA) Program doesn't require a GMAT. Students successfully completing the GCA may matriculate to the online MAcc Program without the GMAT with only four courses remaining.