Required Courses: (12 hours)
- ACCT 6310 Advanced Auditing & Assurance Services - 3 credit hours - spring
- ACCT 7110 Research in Accounting - 3 credit hours - summer I
- ACCT 7410 Federal Tax Research - 3 credit hours - fall
- ACCT 7510 Integrated Accounting Applications - 3 credit hours - fall
- ACCT 7710 Graduation Requirement: On-Campus Residency - 0 credit hours - spring**
Elective Courses: (18 hours - 3 credit hours each):
- ACCT 6130 Advanced Accounting Topics - fall and summer II*
- ACCT 6420 Income Tax II - fall and spring*
- ACCT 6610 Governmental & Not-For-Profit Accounting - fall and spring*
- ACCT 6700 Advanced Business Law - fall and spring*
- ACCT 7130 Financial Analysis & Valuation - fall
- ACCT 7320 Fraud Examination - summer II
- ACCT 7420 Corporation and Partnership Taxation - fall
- ACCT 7520 Enterprise Accounting Systems - summer I
- ACCT 7810 Corporate Governance & Accounting Ethics - spring
- ACCT 7970 Advanced Special Topics in Taxation - spring
- FINC 7620 Advanced Real Estate Finance - spring
- FINC 7640 Advanced Investments - summer II and fall
- ISMN 6730 Security and Information Assurance - fall
- ISMN 6740 Information Risk Analysis - spring
- ISMN 6750 Information Technology Auditing - spring
- ISMN 7880 Advanced Management Information Systems - summer I
For course descriptions, please refer to the AU Bulletin. Students are required to take a minimum of seven three credit hour ACCT courses. The student's plan of study must be approved by the program director.
*Students are required to take ACCT 6130, 6420, 6610, and 6700 at either the undergraduate
level or graduate level to be academically prepared for the Uniform CPA examination.
Students cannot receive graduate credit for an equivalent course they have taken at
the undergraduate level.
**Campus and online students are required to participate in a two and one-half day campus residency during the final spring semester of the program beginning on the last Wednesday through Friday in April. During the residency, students will participate in the Auburn MAcc Leadership Summit which is comprised of business seminars, leadership workshops, and social events.